Have a nice sunny day! Today we are meeting friends, so we conduct a magical ceremony over Vegan Tiramisu. The dessert is incredibly tasty and takes time to prepare, but it is worth it!..
Dry ingredients for vegan sponge cake
225 g plain or gluten-free flour, or you can even use oatmeal ground into flour
150 g sugar
120 g rice flour
2 tsp. baking powder
¾ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
Wet ingredients for biscuit
240 ml coconut milk
120 g applesauce
60 g of vegetable oil without a strong aroma
1 tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. vanilla extract
Mascapone with cashews
800 ml of coconut milk – pre-cool overnight (or use 300 ml of vegetable fat cream instead of milk)
3 tbsp. powdered sugar
225 g of raw cashews soaked overnight
120 ml of coconut milk
80 g of maple syrup or any other liquid sweetener
1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of salt
300 ml of strong coffee at room temperature
2 tbsp. liqueur or rum (optional)
cocoa powder for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Combine all the dry and wet ingredients separately, then add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, and mix everything with a whisk until smooth. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Line two square baking tins (20 or 23 cm) with parchment and grease them with oil
- Pour the dough into the prepared tins and bake for about 30 minutes. Check for doneness the dough with a toothpick – the cakes may be crumbly, but not wet.
- Allow the cakes to cool completely, cut them in half (like a regular cake), and then cut each half into 16-18 strips according to the size of the pan, in which the dessert will later be assembled.
Mascapone with cashews
- Open the cooled coconut milk and carefully collect all the top layer of cream (the remaining liquid milk can be used in a smoothie or in a porridge or soup puree)
- Add powdered sugar to the coconut cream and gently beat the mixture with a whisk or mixer at low speed. Put the cream in the refrigerator.
- Drain the water from the overnight-soaked nuts, throw them into a blender and grind them well together with 120 ml of coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. The mixture should be smooth and creamy.
- Carefully combine the nut mixture with the cream base.
- Prepare a square/rectangular glass or ceramic dish about 20 cm in size and at least 8 cm high on the sides.
- Pour the chilled coffee and rum into a wide bowl
- Strips of vegan Dip the bottom side of the sponge cake into the coffee and quickly place the first layer on the bottom of the tiramisu mold. Or you can first put the biscuit strips in the form and then pour coffee and liqueur over them.
- Evenly distribute about half of the nut cream on the biscuit strips.
- Spread another layer of coffee-soaked sponge cake on top and spread it again with the remaining vegan mascarpone.
- Cover the tiramisu with cling film and leave the dessert in the refrigerator preferably overnight, or at least for a couple of hours.
- Before serving the tiramisu, sprinkle the dessert with cocoa powder.