We offer to please the children with a bright dessert – combine healthy products and the juicy green color of the pastry. Today we are making spinach muffins. Our children call them Shrek 😉
Ingredients for a serving of 18 regular small goblins, ie cupcakes:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1-1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder or 1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/ 2 cups coconut oil (any vegetable oil will do)
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup of coconut sugar
1 large banana
170 g of spinach
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or a pack of vanillin
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and prepare the muffin tins by lining them with baking paper.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a deep bowl.
- Heat the coconut oil in the microwave. or in a steam bath.
- Using a blender or food processor, blend the raw spinach, banana, sugar, milk, egg, vanilla and melted oil until smooth.
- Pour the puree into a bowl of dry ingredients and mix everything carefully, but do not overdo it, otherwise the dough will either clump or, on the contrary, become runny. The ideal consistency of the dough is like thick sour cream.
- Pour the dough into a muffin tin and bake for 20-40 minutes, depending on the nature of your oven. Cupcakes should rise and become dense, but not brown.
The brown color of the cupcakes indicates that they have been overcooked. In principle, it’s okay, but the most important thing for Shrek is what’s inside 🙂