In today’s article, we will touch on the topic of women’s health and offer our readers options for using coconut oil to treat yeast infection
Since we have previously mentioned the healing properties of coconut oil more than once or twice, now we will consider coconut oil as a carrier oil – a substance that easily penetrates the skin and is an excellent natural preservative. Being one of the most stable oils, coconut oil does not dissolve essential oils and does not allow other oils, plant extracts or medicines to evaporate inside it. That is, coconut oil does not change the properties of oils and herbs mixed on its basis. It also protects herbs and oils from microbial or fungal interactions.
According to the Coconut Research Center, coconut oil kills viruses that cause influenza, measles, hepatitis, herpes, SARS, and other serious illnesses. It also kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, pneumonia, and gonorrhea. Finally, coconut oil is also effective in eliminating pressure sores, fungi, and yeasts that cause ringworm, ringworm, thrush, and diaper rash.
A yeast infection is an inflammation of the skin or mucous membrane caused by a group of microscopic fungi or yeasts called Candida albicans. Most often, it appears in the vagina, as well as on the lower abdomen, under the breasts, under the armpits, around the nail plates, in the corners of the lips and around dentures. Intense itching, irritation, pain and discharge are some of the symptoms you may notice if you are suffering from a yeast infection.
Candida is normally present in your body in small amounts, but its manifestations tend to increase due to hormone imbalance or immune system failure, antibiotic use, oral contraceptive use, chronic illness and stress.
Long-term use of anti-fungal medications will definitely cause side effects, but using natural remedies available in your home, such as coconut oil, will provide effective relief from the symptoms of the infection until the disease itself is completely cured.
As a demonstration of the healing capabilities of coconut oil in the treatment of yeast infections, we will remind you of several areas of its influence on the body
- Coconut oil contains active ingredients such as lauric, capric and caprylic acids, which have antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal properties, participate in the fight against infections, harmful bacteria and fungi.
- Caprylic acid destroys the cell membrane to control the reproduction of yeast and prevent the infection of the body, reducing the risk of possible recurrence
- Lauric acid helps strengthen the body’s immune system to fight yeast infection
- Coconut oil forms a protective layer as a barrier against irritation and inflammation of the skin, which itself helps to quickly heal a yeast infection
- Coconut oil acts as an antioxidant agent that reduces the growth of fungus in the body
- Coconut oil is also a natural sweetener, which is especially important for patients with candidiasis, for the treatment of which the refusal of sweets is a primary requirement of doctors. Therefore, when using coconut oil in food, you will thereby reduce the consumption of sugar in its pure form.
- Coconut oil helps the body to properly absorb vitamins and minerals, providing the body with instant energy to strengthen the immune system and general vital activity of the body.
- Coconut oil contains medium-chain fatty acids that penetrate the cell membrane and reduce their resistance, simply destroying the fungus, and facilitating the work of leukocytes in cleansing the body of yeast, viruses and bacteria.
We hope that you have formed a general impression about the effects of coconut oil on the body, and now we offer you the actual methods of using the oil to treat fungal infections.
Method #1. Coconut oil – eating
With optimal physical activity for your age and a healthy diet with the use of coconut oil in your daily diet, you will definitely increase your immunity, helping the body to actively fight infections with pathogenic microbes and viruses. However, be sure to start using coconut oil with a minimum dose (from one teaspoon per day, for example), then gradually increase its amount (up to 5 tablespoons per day or more).
Here are some ways to include butter in your daily diet:
- Replace butter or olive oil with cold-pressed coconut oil, spreading it on your morning toast, adding it to curries or other regular dishes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to tea, coffee, smoothies or shakes instead of sugar.
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to your favorite cereal, such as oatmeal or brown rice.
- To improve digestion, use 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil before meals (half an hour before meals, or in the morning on an empty stomach).
- Use coconut oil as your primary vegetable oil for cooking, as it does not turn into unhealthy trans fat at high temperatures.
Method #2. Application of coconut oil directly on the body surfaces affected by the fungus
- Gently and thoroughly clean and dry the area of skin infected with the fungus
- Apply a thin layer of coconut oil to the entire fungus-infected surface
- Gently rub the oil into the skin, then leave it on for a few minutes or longer (depending on how you feel and react to the coconut oil over time).
- Use coconut oil 2-3 times a day until the symptoms of the fungal infection decrease or until it disappears completely
Alternative uses of coconut oil for topical application
- Mix 3-4 tablespoons of melted coconut oil in a liter of warm distilled water. Pour this solution into the shower applicator. Then take a shower with this solution. Repeat the procedure regularly.
- To get rid of a vaginal yeast infection, dip a tampon in coconut oil and use it for its intended purpose. Repeat twice a day or – in moments of increased symptoms – every two hours.
- You can also apply a thin layer of coconut oil to your daily pads (changing them throughout the day). Or at night, put a small amount of hardened coconut oil into the vagina, which will melt from your body temperature (in this case, do not forget about pads, so as not to spoil underwear and bed linen).
- These methods are also suitable for reducing itching in diabetes and during PMS.
Use of coconut oil and cinnamon
- In a bowl, mix cinnamon oil and refined coconut oil in a ratio of one to two
- Apply this oil mixture to the skin affected by candida
- Rub the ointment gently and leave it on for a few minutes or overnight
- After that, wash it off with warm water and dry the skin thoroughly
- Repeat regularly for several days until the yeast infection is completely gone
Coconut oil with garlic oil and vitamin E
Garlic oil has antifungal properties and is also a natural antibiotic. Vitamin E oil helps heal damaged skin.
- Add a few drops of garlic oil and vitamin E oil to the coconut oil.
- Mix well and apply the medicinal mixture, gently rubbing it over the entire surface of the skin infected with the fungus.
- Leave the medicine for a few minutes, then rinse with warm water and gently dry the inflamed surface.
- Repeat the procedure every day.
Tips and precautions
- Always use organic, cold-pressed, unrefined coconut oil, avoiding hydrogenated (refined) coconut oil, as processing loses almost all of the beneficial healing properties of coconut oil and increases trans-fatty acid levels.
- To eliminate the oral manifestations of thrush, the use of coconut oil itself is the treatment. Simply touch the gum with cooled coconut oil, walk with it for 2-10 minutes, then spit it out. Or rinse your mouth with melted coconut oil. Repeat 2-3 times a day.
- To treat diaper rash (a form of yeast infection), apply a thin layer of coconut oil to your baby’s affected skin after a shower and leave the oil to dry completely before putting on a diaper.
- Consult your doctor before using coconut oil. Also, if after 10 days of using coconut oil in the treatment of candidiasis, its symptoms have not decreased, this may mean the presence of serious problems with your health that require more careful attention and treatment.
- To prevent the occurrence of various diseases, in addition to following the advice on coconut oil treatment, you should follow a healthy diet, perform regular physical exercises and avoid stress.
Love life. Love yourself and your loved ones. And stay healthy!