If you are tired of the usual pureed soup recipes – it’s time to try the exotic with Wakame seaweed, green peas and coconut milk from MASALE!
1 regular bulb
5 cloves of garlic
1/2 fresh green chili pepper
2 medium potatoes
3 tbsp. dried wakame
450 g of frozen peas
200 ml of coconut milk
1 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon of mace or a little ground nutmeg
ground black pepper
3 tsp. salt
Fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish
- Soak the wakame in cold water for 10-15 minutes. Then discard the algae in a colander.
- Sauté pre-chopped onion, leek, garlic and chili pepper in olive oil in a deep dish. It usually takes 5-10 minutes to glaze vegetables.
- Add wakame, chopped potatoes and spices. To prevent the vegetables from burning, add a little water.
- Then pour the green peas into the pan and cover everything with coconut milk. Mix If the liquid does not cover the vegetables, add a little more coconut milk or water
- Cook for another 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft
- Turn off the heat and let the vegetables cool for a few minutes before pureeing the soup.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with fresh parsley or cilantro.