Today we are preparing a vegan cheesecake with lemon and fruit!
The recipe is simple, does not take much time, and besides, the dessert does not need to be baked.
You can use any fresh or frozen fruit to make the cheesecake, and you can not use it – a self-sufficient and nutritious dessert – because its main ingredient is not cheese, but high-calorie nuts.
So you will need:
For the cake:
1 cup of raw almonds or regular walnuts
1 cup of pitted dates – if the dates are dry, pour hot water over them for 15 minutes before cooking.
Zest of 1 lemon
For the filling:
2 glasses of raw cashew nuts
120 ml of coconut milk
2 tbsp. agave syrup, honey or other sweetener
60 g of coconut oil
juice of 2 lemons
½ tsp. ground turmeric for color (optional)
1 glass of any fruit for decoration
- Pour the cashews with water and leave overnight in the refrigerator.
- Line the shape of the future cake with baking paper.
- Grind the dates, almonds and the zest of one lemon in a blender into a homogeneous mass – this will be the basis of our cheesecake.
- Place the mixture in a mold and distribute it with a spoon so that the dough layer is dense and even. The mass will be sticky, so you should wet the spoon with water.
- Send the base to the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- Drain the water from the cashews, put them in a blender and beat until creamy with lemon juice, coconut milk, coconut oil, turmeric and sweetener.
- Remove the prepared cake from the refrigerator and pour the cream filling on top.
- Put the cake in the refrigerator overnight or in the freezer for 2- 3 hours.
Take the cheesecake out of the freezer at least 30 minutes before serving.
Decorate the cheesecake with berries and enjoy!
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for a little more than 4 days.