Today we want to share with you a recipe for a Vegan Coconut Oil Apple Pie. The dough is thin, tender, melts in your mouth!
A great alternative to the usual heavy cake. There is no butter at its base, but there is useful coconut oil, which gives the pie an incredible taste and aroma. We didn’t even expect that coconut goes so well with apple aroma!
We guarantee deliciousness! Are we cooking? Let’s taste it!
We will need for 1 medium cake or 2 small ones:
For the dough
1 and 2/3 cups of flour (1 cup – 250 ml)
2 tbsp. spoons coconut sugar
1 /2 cups coconut oil
1/4 cup cold water
Ground cinnamon to taste
For the filling
4 large green or red apples
5 tbsp. spoon coconut sugar
1 tbsp. spoonful of tapioca starch or any other
Cinnamon to taste
- Preheat the oven to 165 C.
- Pour sugar, flour, cinnamon into a blender and grind.
- Measure the oil. It is better if it is chilled or even in pieces. Add to the blender, then pour cold water, mix until smooth – the dough is ready
- We wrap the dough of our apple pie with a film and put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. So it will be easier to work with the dough.
- Cut the apples into medium cubes, sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, and starch. The latter can be replaced with a similar portion of flour if there is no starch available. The filling is ready.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle the board with flour, divide the dough into 2 parts: roll out a disk according to the size of your shape and a rectangle from which we will make strips. This amount of ingredients is suitable for one closed pie of a standard shape (23 cm in diameter) or two small ones. If you are preparing for two small forms, then you will need to roll out 4 discs. Don’t be afraid to additionally sprinkle the dough with flour: it will help the rolling.
- We put the disk on the bottom of the form – you can not lubricate it with oil, because our dough already contains enough oil. The edges should be trimmed, but they should not be too short.
- Pour apples. Cover with strips of dough, folding them under the bottom layer.
- We put the cake in the oven.
- The apple pie is ready when the edges are golden. The baking time depends on the size of the pie and the shape, but does not exceed 1 hour.
- Bon appetit!