Recommended Masale spices for apple tart: cardamom, vanilla, cinnamon. Fennel and star anise also showed themselves beautifully in the dough. Experiment with us!
For the dough you will need:
150 g of whole wheat flour (or ordinary)
150 g of ground walnuts (or raw almonds)
110-150 g coconut milk
50 g of coconut sugar
pinch of salt
Tart baking form with removable base, diameter 20 cm
For the filling:
10 medium-sized apples
250 g coconut sugar
2 tbsp. orange peel
Let’s cook a Tart with caramelized apples!
- Mix flour with ground nuts, salt, add sugar.
- Gradually pour coconut milk preheated to a temperature not higher than 40 degrees. If the milk is in a closed tin can, it should first be held under hot water and shaken.
- Knead the dough to the consistency of plasticine.
- Spread the dough in an even layer on the baking form, forming the sides in height 2-4 cm, depending on the height of the form you use
Caramelization of apples
Here you can use any usual method of preparing apples for filling, but we offer our own version
- Peel the cores from the apples and cut them into thin slices.
- Add crushed coconut sugar and place them in a deep wok (or frying pan) over low heat.
- After 5- 10 minutes, when the apples release juice, start stirring them carefully.
- When the apples are ready, but there is still enough juice in the pan, you should increase the temperature and evaporate excess moisture, constantly and slowly stirring the apples.
- The process of caramelization takes different time, depending on the features of your stove and dishes.
The final stage of preparation:
- Put the prepared filling on the dough in a baking dish.
- Bake for at least 20 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees.
- Remove the finished tart from the oven and let it cool, and only then take it out of the form