We present to your attention an improved recipe for Sourdough bread from whole grain rye flour!
The process of baking bread is not difficult, but long. The most important thing is to be patient
It is better to start making bread in the late evening. Then by lunch the next day, the bread will be ready, and a day later you will appreciate how incomparable it is!
- So, put 2 tablespoons of sourdough starter, 250 g of rye flour in a bowl for further kneading the dough and gradually adding water, knead the dough. Its consistency should be similar to thick sour cream.
- Cover with a lid and leave for 7-12 hours. During this time, our dough a should increase at least twice!
- We take 2 full tablespoons of the dough into a jar, sprinkle a little flour on top (so that the leaven has something to eat), close the jar and put it in the refrigerator. The sourdough will be stored there until the next bread preparation. The storage time of such leaven is a maximum of seven days.
We add to the remaining dough:
400 g of rye flour
1 teaspoon of salt without bitter
100 ml of water
seeds, flax, nuts, sesame – as desired, but not more than 10% of the main mass of the dough. By the way, sesame is a good leavening agent for bread.
Knead the dough, gradually adding water. The dough should hold its shape when rolled out, and at the same time be soft and pliable.
Dough on rye flour practically does not need to be kneaded. It easily and quickly turns out to the desired consistency.
Next, you can choose two baking options:
– in a mold
– form a loaf
- We return to baking in essence 10-12 hours after adding the leaven for the first time
- We baked the bread in a pre-greased pan.
- Put all the dough into the pan and distribute evenly over it (it is easiest to do this with a silicone spatula). If you are making a loaf (“burnt”), we recommend sprinkling it with flour on top.
- Put the prepared bread in a warm place (in our case, it was the oven) with a temperature of no higher than 40 degrees and leave it for 5 hours . After 5 hours, the bread should almost double in size.
- Turn on the oven at a temperature of 200 C and set the timer for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, cover the form on top with foil and bake for another 20 minutes. Take the bread out of the oven and put it on a rack to cool.
Rye bread becomes most delicious a day after baking. It is not recommended to cut it hot / warm. He needs to stand up!
Have a wonderful baking!