Until cocoa products become the privilege of the rich, they should be enjoyed properly
The first of two recipes for incomparable Vegan Brownies!
Ingredients for the base
Ingredients for chocolate topping
½ cup coconut oil
½ cup cocoa powder
¼ cup coconut sugar or maple syrup
pinch of fine sea salt
Preparation of Raw Vegan Brownie
- Grind 2.5 cups of walnuts in a food processor or blender.
- Pour in the cocoa powder, cinnamon, salt and turn on the blender for another half a minute.
- Add the dates and beat all the ingredients until you get a homogeneous sticky mass. If the dough still crumbles, add another handful of dates. You can also replace the dates with 50 g of coconut oil – it will help the dough keep its shape.
- Mix the resulting mass and ¼ cup of coarsely chopped nuts without the help of a blender (or using low revolutions).
- Dishes with a diameter of 20 cm and a height of 8-10 cm, line it with parchment paper.
- Distribute the main part of the brownie in an even layer according to the shape.
- Flatten the dough. Brownie can stick to hands. To avoid this, you can slightly wet your hands or spatula with water – depending on what you use when you roll out the dough.
- Put the cakes in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes. In this time for the chocolate topping, melt the coconut butter in a steam bath.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add cocoa powder, coconut sugar, sea salt and mix until smooth.
- Remove the brownies from the freezer and cover it with chocolate. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Place the cakes back in the freezer for about 15-30 minutes.
Raw brownies are cut immediately before serving, after dipping the knife in hot water for a few seconds
Such brownies can be stored in the refrigerator for about a week. But it is unlikely that he will live that long)
Nevertheless, for longer storage, Raw Brownies can quite successfully be frozen for a month in an airtight container. This storage option is usually used by our mothers who want to always have goodies at hand for children or for girlfriends who suddenly stopped by for tea.