Chutney is an Indian condiment that is prepared from vegetables or fruits or from a mix of vegetables and fruits with the addition of spices and usually vinegar. It is desirable to infuse it for a month so that vegetables and fruits are permeated with the smell of spices. There are many options for preparing Pineapple Chutney. Here is one of them.
coconut oil 5 tbsp.
garlic 5 cloves
root 2 times more ginger than garlic
curry leaves 1 tbsp
ground turmeric at the tip of a tsp.
cardamom whole 5 boxes or 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
ceylon cinnamon 1 stick
black zira 1/2 tsp.
cumin on the tip of a teaspoon
Himalayan black salt to taste
coconut sugar (preferably to use brown)
- Finely chop the garlic and ginger.
- Cut the pineapple into small cubes.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan, add cumin, garlic, ginger, curry leaves, cardamom, turmeric .
- Lightly fry over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add pineapple and sugar.
- Cook for another 5-7 minutes over high heat, then reduce to a minimum fire, put a broken stick of cinnamon, cumin and cook until the pineapples become soft and change their color to dark yellow.
- Remove the cinnamon after cooking.
- You can serve Pineapple Chutney with rice or with boiled sweet potatoes.