Sweet and sour sauce with pineapple and banana. It is served with vegetable dishes, pancakes, tortillas and rice
half of a medium pineapple
2 hard bananas
1 medium onion
1 small green pepper
400-500 ml coconut milk or other
2 tbsp. without the top of rice flour (wheat can be used)
1/4 tsp. turmeric
2 tsp. black mustard
1 tbsp. curry leaves
1/4 tsp. chili pepper
a pinch nutmeg
- Cut the pepper and onion very finely and stew in coconut oil (you can use either a deep pan or a wok).
- While the vegetables are stewing, cut the pineapple into small cubes, add to the vegetables and continue simmer.
- Then cut the banana into small cubes and add to the vegetables and pineapple.
- Heat the black mustard slightly in a dry frying pan and add to the vegetables.
- Then add chili, nutmeg and curry leaves.
- Add turmeric and flour to the milk, mix well, pour into the vegetables and simmer everything together over low heat, stirring constantly until the sauce thickens.
- This sauce is both an excellent addition to a side dish (rice, potatoes) and a light independent dish – it can be eaten with tortillas or pita bread.