Kerala-style coconut potatoes – you probably haven’t tasted anything like this before. The potatoes are delicate to the taste and fragrant – you’ll lick your fingers!
400 g of uncrumbled potatoes
400 g of coconut milk
4 tbsp. l. coconut oil
a small bunch of green onions
8-10 fresh or dried curry leaves
freshly ground black pepper
coconut pulp grated on a carrot grater
Kerala-style cooking of potatoes
- Mix milk with coconut oil, add curry leaves to the mixture and leave for 2 hours.
- Wash the potatoes with a brush and, if desired, peel them, cut them in half and cut them into not very thin slices.
- Place in a dish, add salt and pepper, add garam masala if desired (to add spiciness and aroma) and mix.
- Cut the onion into cubes.
- Grease the baking dish oil.
- Lay out a layer of potatoes, sprinkle with onions, then lay out the second layer of potatoes, sprinkle with onions again and so on until you run out of products
- Spread the curry leaves evenly across the entire diameter of the potato dish , then pour cold milk over everything.
- Cover the form with foil and put it in the oven heated to 180*C for 40-45 minutes.
- Before turning off the oven, check the readiness of the potatoes by piercing them with a fork.
- Before serving, you can sprinkle coconut shavings on top.
- The dish is tender and aromatic.