We offer to your attention a healthy refreshing coconut dessert without baking: Coconut-lemon balls with cranberries!
- Easy to prepare
- Contains no refined sugar
- Suitable for vegans and children
- Does not contain animal products and gluten
For about 10 balls you will need:
5th century spoon of melted coconut oil
1/2 cup of coconut shavings + a little more, if necessary
2 tbsp. maple syrup, honey or any other liquid sweetener
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp. lemon peel
1/4 cup of dried cranberries
- Melt the coconut oil over a steam bath or in the microwave if you are in a hurry
- Add the maple syrup (or any other liquid sweetener) and mix it with the oil
- Then add lemon juice, lemon peel, coconut shavings and mix everything thoroughly. The mixture will thicken, become plastic, and should not be too liquid or sticky. If you think it’s runny, just add a little more coconut flakes.
- Add cranberries to the mixture and put it in the freezer for five minutes. This will make it easier to form the balls.
- With wet hands, roll into balls, scooping about half a tablespoon of the mixture (depending on what size dessert you prefer)
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer.