Freshly ground chickpea flour from Masale will help you enjoy a delicious Chickpea flour pie with pumpkin and spinach.
Hurry – the season is ending!
For the dough you need:
160 g chickpea flour
80 g rice or buckwheat flour
30 g coconut sugar
150-200 ml coconut milk
70 g of coconut oil (melted)
1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of salt
For the filling:
120 g of peeled pumpkin
150 g of spinach
spices to taste
- Wash the spinach, cut it into large pieces and saute in coconut oil until the color of the spinach changes to bright green.
- Cut the pumpkin into cubes, add salt, add your favorite spices (garlic, a mixture of Italian herbs, ginger , rosemary, etc.). Leave to marinate while you knead the dough.
- First mix all the dry ingredients: flour, salt and baking powder.
- Warm the coconut milk a little, add coconut oil and lemon juice to it.
- Pour the milk mixture into flour, mix everything thoroughly. The consistency of the dough should resemble thick sour cream.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºС.
- Visually divide the dough into two parts. Put one part of the dough on the bottom of the baking dish, spinach on top (salt it a little). Gradually distribute the pumpkin over the entire surface of the future pie. Top everything with the remaining dough. If desired, you can decorate.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
The pie is possible in a sweet version if you replace the vegetables with your favorite berries or fruits.