Black tea is one of the most consumed beverages in the world. It is not only tasty, but also a very useful drink, and today we will understand its useful properties.
A few facts
- Black tea is known in China as “red”. It soothes and warms, carries the energy of fire. Improves immunity and gives strength. A healing drink is made from a plant of the genus Camellia sinensis.
- Green, black, white, yellow, oolong, and pu-erh are the same tea bush, only the tea leaf goes through different stages of processing.
- Black tea goes through the longest process of technological processing. During production, it is fully fermented, which can take from two weeks to a month.
- Black tea has a stronger flavor and contains more theine (tea caffeine) than other teas, but less than coffee.
- Black tea is extremely beneficial for health, because it contains antioxidants and many useful trace elements. The main thing is to observe the norm in everything, since the medicine differs from the poison in the dose. 😉
Four main qualities of black tea
Stimulates brain activity
Black tea contains L-theanine, an amino acid that stimulates the brain and improves memory. And also theine (tea caffeine), which brings vigor. The combination of L-theanine and caffeine has a special effect on the brain, giving a sense of clarity of consciousness. Drowsiness changes to cheerfulness.
The difference between coffee and tea is that coffee invigorates immediately, but this effect passes after several hours. And to become energetic again, you need a cup of coffee again. This is how caffeine addiction occurs. Black tea invigorates more gently, without jerks. Slow, but safe for the body. And this is a guaranteed charge of energy for the whole day.
Tannin in black tea acts as an antioxidant, reduces damage from free radicals, which cause the body to age faster, and tannin also strengthens immunity. Medium-strength tea reduces fever during colds.
Cleanses the body
Tea leaves contain polyphenols, which absorb radioactive substances and help to remove them from the body.
Black tea also cleans blood vessels of impurities, preventing the formation of blood clots. It normalizes the work of the heart, strengthens the walls of blood vessels and improves blood circulation.
Tea is a drink of longevity
Thanks to vitamins C, E, D, nicotinic acid and iodine in its composition, black tea has gained the reputation of a longevity drink. A cup of tea a day improves the condition of the skin and general well-being.
In Japan today, the answer to the question: “what is the use of black tea” is “It is a medicine of wisdom that cures diseases and prolongs life”.
Also, tea increases the production of insulin, which increases the production of serotonin – the hormone of happiness and joy. A cup of delicious Chinese tea will help you calm down faster after a stressful situation and reach Zen. Do you think why Tibetan monks are so calm and wise.