Today we will talk about the healing properties of basil, of which, by the way, there are about 70 species in the world.
This fragrant herb comes from Africa, and in Ukraine, basil was used as a medicine at the end of the 17th century or even earlier.
According to scientific studies, this plant has the following properties:
So, painful conditions that Basil will help you relieve
Improves the work of the nervous system and brain
It not only benefits the health of the nerves, but also improves memory.
Relieves coughing attacks and breathing disorders
- Tea with basil helps to get rid of phlegm and relieve cough caused by flu.
- Reduces sore throat
- Infusion of basil leaves is used as a tea and externally for gargling throat with sore throat.
- Caution: do not drink the liquid for rinsing and do not make the infusion hot – you will create excellent conditions for viruses to hang out in your body
- If you suffer from bronchitis, asthma, flu, cough and cold, then bet on basil leaves. Bring the water to a boil (250 ml) and add 1 teaspoon of basil leaves and 2 cloves. Then just drink it to feel the relief of breathing. It is also an excellent remedy for the flu.
- Mouth ulcers and infections can be treated by simply chewing on a few basil leaves.
- Basil affects the kidneys, so it is excellent as a prevention of kidney stones.
- Mix basil juice (1 teaspoon) with honey (1 tablespoon) and consume it daily for six months 2 times a day between meals. It will make a complete cleansing of the kidneys and remove toxins through urine
Heart problems and stressful conditions
- Basil is excellent for the prevention and treatment of heart diseases. Just drink basil tea 1-2 times a day.
- Basil leaves are considered anti-stress agents. Just eat it or drink it as an infusion.
- Basil is one of the best natural remedies for headaches. Just drink tea with it 1-2 times a day.
Insect bites and skin problems
- Basil leaf has an anti-allergic effect and helps to eliminate wounds and itching from insect bites. Place a compress of fresh basil juice on the affected area and let it work. Repeat after a few hours.
- Basil juice is useful in the treatment of ringworm and other skin diseases. Apply in the form of compresses
Basil juice is an effective remedy for eye pain and for improving vision, because it contains a large amount of vitamin A.
Be healthy! And stay beautiful both outside and inside!