Coconut flour is real “endless ammunition” – we usually use it in small quantities and infrequently, but yesterday we remembered it again and decided to bake unsweetened bread. So, take notes, who is interested
To you will need:
½ cup coconut flour
1/3 cup flax meal (we just used ground flax)
1/4 cup psyllium or almond flour – optional
2 tsp. baking powder for dough
½ tsp. salt
1/2 cup oil without a strong aroma
1/3 cup coconut milk
1-2 tbsp. spoons of honey or other sweetener – if desired
for sprinkling – sesame or other seeds of your choice, for example, sunflower, chia, flax seeds, etc.
*Optional: separate the eggs and beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Prepare the batter as usual, using the yolks first, then gently fold the egg whites into the mixture as the last step. This will allow you to get a lighter, fluffier bread.
The cooking process
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Prepare a loaf pan about 20×10 cm in size by greasing it with oil or lining it with parchment paper.
- One easy way to whip up the dough is to simply mix all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on low speed until fully combined.
- If not using a blender, combine dry and wet ingredients in separate bowls, then combine in a large bowl and blend until smooth
- Pour the dough into the prepared loaf tin and sprinkle the seeds on top. Bake the coconut flour bread for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Such bread can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. From the second day of baking, the bread becomes even tastier if the slices are lightly toasted.